Anyone a pasta lover? Make some Easy Chicken Alfredo with Barilla® Pasta which is now available on Magic Receipts and you’ll earn up to 2 SB when you upload your receipt! You’ll need this for the Easy Chicken Alfredo by Taste of Home.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until a thermometer registers 165°, 8-10 minutes turning once. Remove and let stand at least 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, nutmeg and remaining salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks; stir in a small amount of hot cream mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° and has thickened slightly.
- Drain fettuccine; serve with Alfredo sauce, sliced chicken and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh minced parsley.